5 comentarios 22 enero, 2010
Few Americans think twice nowadays about buying a foreign-branded car, whether from Europe or Asia. Toyota is the biggest selling marque in the world and Volvo long ago captured the hearts of safety-conscious soccer moms. In the 1960s, however, Japan was an anthill on the automotive landscape and a car-buyer in America needed either a few extra dollars or a touch of eccentricity to cruise around town in a European car — unless, that is, they happened to be the Roberts family of northern Florida, USA.
Mr. Glenn Roberts was born to Australian parents who spent their youth driving an eclectic mix of cars around Sydney and Hong Kong and who thus saw no reason to change their habits when they settled in Florida in the 1950s. In 1967, they special-ordered a silver Saab Sonett II from a Florida dealer and, as a result, Glenn spent his childhood riding to school not in Detroit’s muscle cars of the 1960s and ’70s but in a 1500-pound Swedish sports car with a 70 horsepower, two-stroke engine.
The Sonett has followed Glenn through life. In 1980, when he was eighteen years old, Glenn bought the car from his parents for $300 and, with the help of his father, gave the car enough energy to carry Glenn through college and into adulthood. In 2004, Glenn rewarded the car for its loyalty with a full restoration, after which he gave it back to his parents to enjoy when he moved to Australia for work. Now back in Glenn’s California garage, the Sonnet gets plenty of time along the coast and through the canyons.
Even on today’s American streets—filled with cars of all shapes, sizes, and nationalities—Glenn’s Sonnet still draws plenty of puzzled looks, which suits Glenn just fine.
“It’s part of my passion,” says Glenn. “I look for the odd stuff.”
Dejar un comentario 22 abril, 2014
Aquí os dejo el enlace a proyectos donde podeis ver todo lo referente a este coche, donde hemos hecho un poquito de todo para que vaya fino fino
Os dejo el enlace de detalles pinchando aqui
Dejar un comentario 21 abril, 2014
- Apexi N1 Coilover
- GT Spec Strut Tower Bar
- GT Spec front lower tie bar
- Godspeed 6 points Roll Cage
- Cusco Slash Bar Cusco rear tower bar
- Enkei RSO5RR M Face 18X10.5 +22 offset 15mm
- Ichiba Spacer F+R Falken Azenis all season 275-35-18
- StopTech Front and Rear Slotted Rotors
- StopTech Front and Rear Street Brake Pads
- Technical Factory Hirano SPL Track Bumper
- Universal Carbon Fiber Front Lip Diffuser
- Rexpeed Carbon Fiber Mirror Cover
- Rexpeed Carbon Fiber Vortex Generator
- Rexpeed Carbon fiber Spark Plug Cover Painted
- Seibon Carbon Fiber Hood
- Rexpeed Carbon Fiber Side Skirt Extension
- Perrin Antenna Custom Rear
- Voltex Wide Flare for USDM bumper by UCS Performance
- Voltex Single Carbon Canard
- Voltex Carbon Rear Diffuser
- Voltex Front Wide Fender
- Voltex GT Wing, carbon fiber leg and mount
- Sparco Milano 2 Seats
- Blox Neo Shift Knob Procomp
- Autometer Boost Gauge
- Aem wide band STRI oil pressure gauge.
- OMP Racing Steering Wheel Worksbell hub
- NRG V2.5 Quick Release
- TAKATA MPH340 Harness Set
- Autometer Gauge Pod Roll Cage mount
- Carbon Fiber Gauge Cluster Overlay
- Greddy Profec B Spec II Boost Controller
- Greddy Turbo Timer
- Pioneer P2300DVD Touch Screen Head Unit KRP Double Din Kit
- Speed Density Conversion and Dyno Tuned by Chris Hoover @ Moore Automotive Tuned at 25psi on stock turbo and stock engine.
- 366WHP/340WTQ Service Performed by UCS Performance in Maryland
- Rexpeed Torque Damper
- Zaklee Clear Cam Gear Cover
- Greddy Timing Belt
- Mishimoto Aluminum Radiator
- Mishimoto Radiator Hose Kit
- Mishimoto Radiator Shroud Kit
- Muse Motorsports Intercooler Upper and Lower Piping kit
- ETS small battery kit 3”
- ETS Intercooler JM Fabrication 3”
- Aluminum Intake pipe
- HKS Intake HKS SSQV Blow Off Valve V2
- Cusco Oil Catch Can
- Ported Exhaust Manifold Spooling Up
- COP NRG Ground Wires
- Invidia 3” Down Pipe
- HKS sports exhaust system
- Omni Power 4 Bar Map Sensor
- Carbon fiber Radiator Cooling Panel
- Torque Solution radiator stay
- Tomei Exhaust Manifold Heat Shield.
- Walbro 255lph Fuel Pump
- ACT Extreme pressure plate with solid street clutch
- ACT Prolite Flywheel Weapon R
- Radiator Breather Tank STM Clutch Fork
Dejar un comentario 20 abril, 2014
Porsche North America looks back at their recent win at the Rolex 24 At Daytona, while preparing for the brutal 12 Hours of Sebring. With a new paint scheme that matches the world-wide Porsche Intelligent Performance motorsports livery, the No. 911 and 912 911 RSRs hope to duplicate their earlier Florida successes.
Follow the team here: http://www.twitter.com/PorscheNAracing
Dejar un comentario 18 abril, 2014
Video oficial del nuevo Lamborghini Huracan, el sustituto del famoso Gallardo
One man, one car, one mission.
Welcome to the new Lamborghini Huracán LP 610-4.
Dejar un comentario 17 abril, 2014
Richard Hammond tests the brand new Porsche 918 around Yas Marina circuit.
Dejar un comentario 16 abril, 2014
Get behind the scenes of a recent photoshoot with a 1949 Porsche Gmünd Coupe. See how Jeff Zwart offers a real life perspective to driving this car in the modern world and why the Gmünd truly represents the beginnings of Porsche.
Dejar un comentario 15 abril, 2014